Affinity Medical Group
Affinity Medical Group is a team of more than 250 health care professionals, providing medical care through a network of 26 clinics in 12 Northeast Wisconsin communities. Our history of providing high-quality health care to the community goes back more than 50 years.
The roots of Affinity Medical Group trace to 1954, when three doctors, Walter Griffin, MD, F.J. Rankin, MD, and Milo Swanton, MD, founded Medical Arts on Oneida Street in Appleton. The next step was the merger of Twin City Clinic in Neenah and Riverside Clinic in Menasha to form Nicolet Clinic in 1974.
In 1982, Nicolet Clinic introduced the first health maintenance organization (HMO) in the Fox Cities, called Nicolet Health Plan. They changed the name to Network Health Plan in 1986, to better reflect the growth and development of the plan.
Regional Health Care Network Forms
Two years later, Medical Arts in Appleton and Nicolet Clinic merged to form La Salle Clinic. In 1994, the doctors at La Salle Clinic joined with Ministry Health Care, owner of Mercy Medical Center in Oshkosh, and the Wheaton Franciscan Sisters, owners of St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton, to form a regional health care network called Network Health System Inc. Network Health System integrated the services of La Salle Clinic’s doctors and the hospitals of Ministry and Wheaton with the health insurance of Network Health Plan.
In 1998, Network Health System merged with the original Affinity Health System, owned by Ministry Health Care and the Wheaton Franciscan Sisters, to create the current Affinity Health System. To better reflect La Salle Clinic’s key role as part of Affinity Health System, it was renamed Affinity Medical Group in 1999.
Continuing the Tradition
Today’s Affinity Medical Group is a regional health care organization focused on community-based care including outpatient, inpatient, ancillary and long-term care as well as insurance services. Our 26 clinics in 12 communities around the Fox Cities and Oshkosh areas provide primary and specialty care close to home.