Early Treatment and Diagnosis of Cancer
At the Affinity Cancer Care Center screening and early detection are important clinical aspects of care. Early detection includes screenings, promoting self-examination, increasing awareness of cancer symptoms and promoting healthy lifestyles. These are just a few ways you can find cancer in its earliest stage.
The Affinity Cancer Care Center screenings include the following elements.
- Promotion of screening techniques and American Cancer Society check-up guidelines for cervical, breast, colorectal, oral, prostate and skin cancer.
- Identification and surveillance of high-risk groups, such as familial cancer syndromes
- and skin.
In addition to screenings the Cancer Center brings the advantage of technologically advanced diagnostic capabilities and highly skilled physician specialists and technologists for accurate detection and diagnosis.
The Affinity Cancer Center features a caring, knowledgeable staff of physicians, nurses and technologists and the following state-of-the-art equipment.
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy and Mammotome Breast Biopsy
- Ultra Sound Guided Breast Biopsy
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Computed Tomography (CT)