Calumet Medical Center expansion and renovation plans
02 / 16 / 2006
Maria Nelson, Media Relations
Affinity Health System
(920) 554-0686 (pager)
- Calumet Medical Center was built in 1956, and became a member of Affinity Health system in 1998
- 3,035 square feet in new construction for outpatient entrance and registration, Emergency department and ambulance bay
- 8,800-square-foot renovation to Emergency and Radiology/Imaging departments
- Construction to begin in April and is expected to be completed by December.
- Boldt Construction is the general contractor.
Emergency department and outpatient services enhancements
- New outpatient entrance will become the focal point of the hospital.
- New patient registration will be constructed that provides for increased patient privacy.
- A new, heated ambulance garage will be constructed.
- Two private trauma bays will be added.
- Five exam rooms will be added for rapid triage.
- A private patient observation room will be added.
- A new endoscopy suite will be added to create patient and staff efficiencies.
Radiology/Imaging department enhancements
- The department, which includes nuclear medicine, ultrasound and DEXA Scan (determines bone density) will be moved and remodeled.
- A private, family consult room that is segregated from patient and staff traffic, will be added.
- Electronic information sharing
- Computerized imaging
- Telemedicine infrastructure
For the Editor:
Affinity Health System, a faith-based regional health care network, is the Fox Valley’s second-largest employer, according to the Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce & Industry. For the fourth consecutive year, Affinity has been named one of the nation’s top 64 health systems based on clinical performance according to Thomson Reuters, a leading provider of information and solutions to improve the cost and quality of health care. For ten consecutive years, Affinity Health System has been named to the SDI (formerly Verispan) Integrated Health Network Top 100, an annual assessment of the 100 most highly integrated health care networks in the nation. Both St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton and Mercy Medical Center in Oshkosh rank among the top 1 percent of hospitals nationwide in terms of quality and efficiency, as determined by the 2007 Premier | CareScience Select practice National Quality Award. Members of Affinity include Mercy Medical Center and Mercy Health Foundation, Oshkosh; St. Elizabeth Hospital and the St. Elizabeth Hospital Foundation, Appleton; Affinity Medical Group, a regional network of 25 family practice and specialty clinics – 22 of which are recognized as NCQA Level III medical homes, the highest level of recognition – in 14 communities; Calumet Medical Center, Chilton; and Affinity Occupational Health.