Caregivers Support Group
Provided by Affinity Health System Palliative Care Services
The emotional and physical toll of caring for a loved one can be overwhelming. Having a strong support network makes all the difference—for you, and the person you’re caring for. Join us as we share stories and learn from one another.
Every Wednesday, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
Mercy Medical Center, Oshkosh
Fifth Floor Subacute Family Lounge
Every Wednesday, 1 - 2:30 p.m.
St. Elizabeth Hospital, Appleton
Helen G. Fowler Conference Center
We will discuss important topics such as:
- Maintaining stability in your family
How can you balance your time between caregiving and providing family support? How do you manage child care, meals, chores and daily activities?
- Financial issues
How do you maintain family income? Should you continue to work or take family medical leave? What should you do if money becomes an issue?
- Seeking help, sharing the care
Where can you turn for support? Can you count on other family members? What about homecare or hospice? Are there any costs involved?
- Managing the physical care of your loved one
How do you learn the skills of administering medications, handling equipment and providing personal care?
- Your home as a “mini hospital”
How do you organize all of the equipment that comes into your home? Where do you find sanctuary, privacy, or intimacy?
What you will walk away with:
- New insight and confidence in your role as a caregiver.
- Ideas on how to take care of yourself, physically and emotionally.
- Techniques to ease the burden of caregiving.
- Suggestions on how to manage your sleepless nights.
- An experience that may change your life.