10 Easy Ways to Increase Awareness of Your Employee Assistance Program
- Place posters in employee common areas (cafeteria, break room, etc.) Be sure to rotate them periodically.
- Place EAP brochures in areas where employees can take one confidentially. Employee restrooms are a great place for EAP brochures.
- Include EAP payroll inserts or brochures in employee paychecks.
- Send letters and brochures explaining the EAP to the employees’ household members. Often spouses and family members do not realize that they have access to this free and confidential benefit.
- Include articles provided by the EAP in your employee newsletters.
- Include EAP information in all new-hire packets. Have the EAP send a letter to the new employee’s home that outlines their free benefit.
- Utilize the EAP to provide trainings and brown-bag wellness presentations on-site at your company.
- Reference the EAP in your Employee Handbook.
- Educate all managers and supervisors on how to access the EAP for referrals and supervisory consultation. Encourage them to mention the EAP in staff meetings.
- Have the EAP set up a display booth in the employee common areas.
Remember that low utilization may = Lack of education about the EAP!
For more information on increasing awareness, call your EAP representative at (920) 720-1090 or 1-800-894-9327.