Whether you’re a weekend warrior or a competitive athlete, sports injuries can happen. Affinity’s Sports Medicine specialists can help.
We evaluate, diagnose and treat professional, amateur and recreational athletes of all ages, including children. Our goal is to prevent injury whenever possible.
Affinity’s Sports Medicine team includes licensed athletic trainers, physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists, orthopaedic surgeons, sports physical therapists and dietitians. These experts can help you with all aspects of sports training and recovery. To get you back in the game as quickly as possible after an injury, we offer arthroscopic surgery and other minimally invasive procedures for sports-related injuries.
We also offer comprehensive evaluations of your physical condition, which can help spot potential health risks such as heart murmurs or bone fractures before they become emergencies.
Affinity Sports Medicine promotes injury prevention through consultations for wellness, fitness and performance enhancement. We offer educational programs for health care providers, coaches, teams and athletes. Depending on your needs, we can help with fitness training, specific injury prevention and more.
- evaluation and treatment of sports- and activity-related injuries
- fitness assessment programs to improve sports performance and optimize fitness and health
- nutritional analysis and counseling
- assistance in dealing with the emotional aspects of injury and the psychological aspects of performance enhancement
- rehabilitation and exercise equipment and personnel
- educational programs for health care providers, coaches and athletes
- contract services provided by licensed athletic trainers for high school and college athletes and teams
Affinity Sports Medicine & Wellness Center
The Affinity Sports Medicine & Wellness Center is inside the 20th Avenue YMCA in Oshkosh. In addition to a Healthy Lifestyle program, the center has a wealth of information including books, pamphlets, audio and videotapes focused on wellness, injury prevention and general health. A computer terminal provides Web access to the Clark Family Health Science Library at Mercy Medical Center in Oshkosh and appropriate Web sites. Physical therapy staff are available to assist with injury assessment and rehabilitation and to answer questions. The range of services includes:
- rehabilitation services
- physical therapy services
- physician services
- resource center linked to the Mercy Medical Center library
- medical library assistant: Tuesday and Thursday, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Healthy Lifestyle program.
To make an appointment with a sports medicine specialist, please call:
Chilton (920) 849-3800
Oshkosh (920) 223-2600
Appleton (920) 996-3700