American Family Children's Hospital
A partnership for children's health
UW Health pediatric specialists from the American Family Children's Hospital travel to Appleton on a regular basis to see patients at the UW Pediatric Specialty Clinic, located within St. Elizabeth Hospital. Children who need specialty care can receive check-ups, diagnosis and some treatments in their own community. Whether visiting with the doctor in person or through telemedicine technology, parents can be assured their children will receive the specialty care they need.
American Family Children's Hospital in Madison
When specialty hospital care is needed, the American Family Children's Hospital in Madison offers expert care and compassion. Opened in 2007, the 61-bed hospital is a beautiful, world-class children's medical and surgical center with a pediatric intensive care unit, an internationally recognized transplant surgery program, and a children's cancer center. Located in Madison, Wis., next to UW Hospital and Clinics, the new facility offers patients and families from across the nation access to cutting-edge treatments in a soothing environment.
American Family Children's Hospital offers:
- the combined expertise of more than 100 pediatric specialists
- a state-of-the-art facility designed around the needs of children and families
- a full-service pediatric surgery team and childhood sedation program
- a fully-equipped burn unit, pediatric asthma and pulmonary center, and diabetes center
- a specialized day treatment center and array of diagnostic treatment services
- a Child Life Program to help "kids be kids" even in the hospital
- an in-hospital school staffed by Madison Metropolitan School District teachers
- a sibling childcare program
- a pet therapy room
- a positive image center
For more information and to view a virtual tour, visit www.uwhealth.org/kids.