When you or a loved one in Northeast Wisconsin needs emergency psychiatric care, Affinity Health System can help.
Our trained staff of psychiatrists, clinical nurse specialists, psychiatric social workers and psychiatric nurses offers crisis intervention services 24 hours a day to people who need immediate psychiatric help.
We treat all types of psychiatric emergencies including:
• suicidal crises
• people who have become a danger to themselves or others
• severe depression
• panic states
• psychotic conditions
• alcohol and substance abuse detoxifications and interventions
Call for Help
Emergency psychiatric care is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you need help, please call:
• Affinity Behavioral Health Services in Appleton at (920) 730-4411
• Affinity Behavioral Health Services in Oshkosh at (920) 223-3400
• St. Elizabeth Hospital Emergency Room in Appleton at (920) 738-2100
• Mercy Medical Center Emergency Room in Appleton at (920) 223-0300
24/7 Walk-in Assistance
Walk-in emergency assistance for those in psychiatric or emotional crisis is available through Affinity’s Emergency Services departments 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
St. Elizabeth Hospital Emergency Room
1611 S. Madison St.
Appleton, WI 54915
Mercy Medical Center Emergency Room
2700 W. Ninth Ave., Suite 104
Oshkosh, WI 54904
When a patient needing immediate psychiatric assistance arrives at an Affinity location, a registered nurse will do a medical evaluation. A mental health professional experienced in psychiatric emergencies will then see the patient for intervention and appropriate treatment. Affinity psychiatrists are on-call 24 hours a day.
Affinity’s crisis intervention services are available to drug and alcohol abusers who need medical detoxification.