Food is the body’s fuel, but when you have an eating disorder, food can feel like the enemy. Eating becomes a psychological battle. Restricting food intake, exercising excessively and purging food (vomiting) can cause serious health problems and even death. Affinity Health System offers the personalized treatment necessary to help patients with eating disorders in the Fox Cities and Oshkosh.
- anorexia nervosa
- binge eating disorder
- preoccupation with food, weight or body shape
- weighing daily or several times a day
- eating larger-than-normal quantities of food in a short period of time
- maintaining a rigid exercise plan to burn calories
- excessive calorie restriction
- feeling lonely, anxious, depressed or nervous
Treatment and Services
The experts at Affinity Health System in Appleton create an individual treatment plan for each patient with an eating disorder. Inpatient and intensive outpatient programs are available. Our team includes registered dietitians, physicians, psychiatrists and psychologists who work together to treat the causes of eating disorders and help patients develop healthy lifestyles. We offer information about healthy weight, exercise and meal planning, and address concerns about body image and fears of food.