Voice Therapy Program
Affinity speech-language pathologists provide personalized evaluation and treatment for adults and children with communication, cognitive, voice and swallowing disorders. Care is offered on both an inpatient and outpatient basis.
Services are available for:
- speech and language deficits (ie. aphasia, apraxia, dysarthria)
- cognitive retraining
- evaluation and treatment of oropharyngeal dysphagia including videofluroroscopic examination
- laryngectomy rehabilitation
- evaluation and treatment of voice disorders, including videostroboscopy evaluation
- hearing screenings and referral services.
Affinity speech-language pathologists evaluate and treat people with developmental, cognitive or physical disorders that make swallowing problematic.
Voice Therapy Services
Affinity Health System provides voice therapy outpatient treatment for children and adults (including the professional voice) who experience vocal impairments from vocal abuse or disorders of the vocal structure.
Services help individuals improve their communication skills so they can successfully function at home, school, work and in the community. Diagnostic evaluation and treatment depends on individual needs.
Services may include:
- voice evaluation, including case history
- acoustic analysis of the voice
- ongoing contact with patient’s referring doctor or performance coach
- development of vocal hygiene for optimum vocal use
- voice facilitation techniques
- relaxation techniques
- audiovisuals including models, diagrams and test results
- parent and client counseling
- surgical management of vocal problems when necessary.
For more information or to schedule services, please contact one of these locations:
Calumet Medical Center
614 Memorial Drive
Chilton, WI 53014
Mercy Oakwood Medical Building
2700 W. Ninth Avenue
Oshkosh, WI 54904
Midway Place Specialty Clinic
1550 Midway Place
Menasha, WI 54962
St. Elizabeth Hospital
1506 S. Oneida Street
Appleton, WI 54915