Nursing at Affinity
Few careers let you touch others’ lives more than nursing. The respect, empathy and concern shown by nurses are important parts of every patient’s health care experience.
The best nurses want to work for the best health care provider. Affinity Health System is the health care employer of choice in Northeast Wisconsin because we offer a supportive, flexible work environment for nurses.
Affinity Health System Nurses:
- provide patient care that considers each patient’s unique personality and background
- serve as patient advocates to involve patients in health care decisions
- participate in ongoing professional development and continuing education
- foster collaborative relationships to provide well-rounded patient care
- focus on patient satisfaction.
Flexible Staffing Options
We know one work schedule doesn’t fit all. Affinity offers creative staffing options for nurses, including:
- 4, 8, 10 and 12-hour shifts
- weekend-only programs
- non-benefited FLEX positions for experienced RNs, with pay based on skills and flexibility.
Rewards and Benefits
To attract the best nurses in Northeast Wisconsin, Affinity Health System offers a competitive total rewards package, including:
- competitive market-based pay with a 10 percent p.m. shift bonus and 15 percent
- night shift bonus
- weekend bonus
Paid Time Off
- nurses who work at least 24 hours per two-week pay period accumulate generous paid time off
Health and Dental Insurance
- nurses who work at least 32 hours per two-week pay period may choose from three different single, double and family plans
- short and long-term disability and life insurance
- pension and 403b with match
- adoption reimbursement
- tuition reimbursement for BSN completion and MSN
- career development program
- performance management system to encourage self-development
- formal programs: Role Model Award, Circle of Excellence, President’s Award
- informal programs: spontaneous recognition and peer Recognition
- annual nursing scholarships
- service recognition
- educational achievement recognition
If you want to become an Affinity nurse, please fill out our electronic application. All nurses who interview with Affinity will receive a copy of our mission, vision and values, so you can find out if you and Affinity are a good fit for each other. RNs receive a Performance Based Development System (PBDS) brochure, describing our professional growth program.
New Hire Orientation
All newly hired Affinity nurses, whether new graduates or experienced RNs, complete an individualized orientation program. A trainer will work with you one-on-one to assist with your orientation period.
Hospital-based Affinity nurses participate in the Performance Based Development System (PBDS). PBDS is an assessment process that customizes a continuing education program to fit each nurse’s needs.
Commitment to Nursing Education
Affinity Health System works closely with Fox Valley Technical College and UW Oshkosh to attract new graduate nurses. We make sizeable donations to Fox Valley Technical College’s nursing program, including a recent contribution to help purchase a child simulator that gives students hands-on experience. At UW Oshkosh, we sponsor several scholarships for nursing students.