St. Elizabeth Hospital Student Volunteer Program
High school students new to our hospital are accepted into the volunteer program only in the spring for the summer program. After completion of one summer, they may apply for a volunteer opportunity during the school year.
College students new to our hospital are accepted for the summer and school year program.
2013 Summer Program
We are no longer accepting applications for summer 2013.
2014 Summer Program
We will be accepting applications between Feb. 1 - March 15, 2014 for the summer 2014 program. An application is not a guarantee for placement.
Things to know before you submit your application:
- The minimum age requirement to volunteer for 2014 is 15 years old by June 1, 2014.
- The 2014 Summer Program runs June 9 – Aug. 22, 2013.
- All volunteers must commit to one 2- to 4-hour shift per week. Length of shift depends on assignment.
- Applications must be received by Saturday, March 15, 2014.
- Potential applicants will be contacted for an interview in May 2014.
- All students receiving offers for assignments will be notified of their schedule by late May.
- The hospital volunteer program cannot accommodate volunteers who need to accumulate just a few hours of volunteer time toward a school or community-service requirement. If you are interested in volunteering less than 35 hours, you may submit a suggestion for a project/fundraiser on behalf of St. Elizabeth Hospital. Some examples might include a magazine drive, seasonal decorations for patient bulletin boards, etc. Please complete the project proposal form for consideration of your idea.