Affinity Health Science Libraries
Affinity Health System employs a staff of professional librarians to provide the most trusted, up-to-date health resources. Their job is to connect you with some of the best health and medical resources available on the Internet and in print.
Our professional health librarians are available to assist you in finding healthcare information. Affinity Library Services offers health information for patients, families and the community.
All services are:
- available to the community
- free of charge.
Examples of questions that our patrons ask us:
- Do you have any cookbooks with recipes for diabetics?
- What are the latest treatments for asthma?
- My mother had a bone density test. What are the normal values and what do they measure?
- Can I find out the educational background of a specialist my doctor has recommended?
- My father’s doctor has prescribed a new heart medication for him. What are the possible side effects and drug interactions?
- Consumer health and patient education
- Magazines and Medical Journals
- Audio CDs
- Full-text health and medical databases
- Quality internet sites
- Archives – History of the Hospitals and Mercy School of Nursing
- Quiet areas for reading
- Private video-viewing rooms
- Online Searches and Reference Services
- Assistance of professional librarians
- Free photocopying of health-related information
Mercy Medical Center
St. Elizabeth Hospital
The information provided by Affinity Library Services is for general use and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Any medical or other decisions should be made in consultation with your health care provider.