The Michael D. Wachtel Cancer Center and the St. Elizabeth Hospital Cancer Center at Affinity Health System
Discovering you have cancer stirs a whirlwind of emotions. One way to conquer the fear and confusion is to choose a cancer treatment partner that brings you hope and confidence. The Michael D. Wachtel Cancer Center and the St. Elizabeth Hospital Cancer Center offers Northeast Wisconsin cancer patients access to the latest advances in cancer treatment, plus a warm, supportive recovery environment.
In partnership with Fox Valley Hematology & Oncology, Affinity Health System brings a network of cancer treatment specialists to the Fox Cities and Oshkosh. Experts in all areas of cancer care help develop the best possible treatment plan for each patient, including medical, emotional and spiritual support.
Cancer screening and early detection are critical parts of treatment. Our detection process includes:
- identifying high-risk factors, such as family history and lifestyle
- conducting cancer screening
- training patients on self-examination techniques
- increasing awareness of cancer symptoms
- promoting healthy lifestyles
Advanced Care Close to Home
Northeast Wisconsin patients no longer need to travel long distances for state-of-the-art cancer care. With new advanced technology such as the TrueBeam Linear Accelerator and large-bore CT simulator, patients in the Fox Cities, Oshkosh and surrounding communities will receive the same quality of care found in large, world-class care cancer centers.
Treatment Options Available
Learn more about specific cancer treatment options available at Mercy Medical Center and St. Elizabeth Hospital.
- TrueBeam Linear Accelerator - Unparalleled precision and performance in radiation therapy
- CT Simulator - Highly accurate, comfortable radiation mapping for patients of all sizes
- Brachytherapy - Fight cancer from the inside out, with tiny radiactive seeds that don't require surgery
- HDR Breast Brachytherapy - Battle breast cancer in only five days
- TomoTherapy Hi-Art System - Doubles as an on-board CT scanner for real-time radiation treatment
Call for More Information
St. Elizabeth Hospital Cancer Center
Michael D. Wachtel Cancer Center