When you are ready to leave the hospital, but not ready to go home, get the therapy and care you need from our subacute specialists.
Affinity Health System’s Subacute Care unit at Mercy Medical Center in Oshkosh provide short-term nursing and rehabilitation care when you're well enough to leave the hospital but not quite ready to go home.
Patients generally stay with us for three to 14 days for needs including:
- post-surgical recovery including heart surgery, hip or joint replacement and trauma
- stroke recovery
- complex care including wound care, respiratory support and intravenous feeding or medications
- nursing care and rehabilitation
We offer the same nursing services and therapy as a hospital, but in a more cost-effective way. Your family and home caregivers participate in your recovery by learning how to care for you. We encourage them to attend your therapy sessions and learn how they can aid in your recovery.
Caring for the Whole Person
The staff of Affinity's Subacute Care unit have a “whole person” focus. We offer social, spiritual and nutritional services.
Affinity Health System's Subacute Care unit offers everything you need for recovery, including:
- Outstanding nursing care: Our highly-skilled registered nurses provide 24-hour coverage. They work as a team with other health care staff to provide the best patient care possible.
- Full access to hospital resources: If you need lab work, X-rays or other special services, they are easily accessible.
- Complete rehabilitative therapies: Services include occupational therapy to teach daily living skills, physical therapy to improve mobility, speech therapy to improve language skills and swallowing function, and recreational therapy to provide purposeful and enjoyable activities.
Our services are approved by Medicare and accepted by most insurance plans.
If you or a family member could benefit from subacute care following a hospital stay, please talk to your doctor or hospital case manager.